Now, more than ever, the safety of our employees and the communities we serve are at the forefront of how we approach our day-to-day operations.
We’ve gathered important information to help you understand how we are ensuring the health, welfare and safety of our LandCare employees and the people we serve every day.
- We continue to update our teams on a frequent basis to ensure that they are well informed and trained on the latest LandCare and CDC protocols, for both their safety and the safety of our customers. Please read about our ongoing efforts to keep our team and you safe:
- Did you know that landscaping has been deemed an Essential Service by the Department of Homeland Security – Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), as per the March 28th CISA memorandum?
This is because much of what our teams handle on your properties are necessary to maintain the health, safety, sanitation and welfare of the public. This includes:
Protection of Public Safety: unmaintained exterior spaces dramatically increase the rate and chance of injuries from unmitigated hazards. Safety maintenance of landscape areas and materials is imperative to reduce the risk of falling branches, obstructed roadways and walkways, and weather-related (such as high winds) injuries.
Protection from Dangerous Conditions: services related to storm water management systems, water lines, irrigation breaks/repairs, fire hazards, and related concerns, provides protection from damaging and dangerous conditions.
Protection of Public Health: performing essential controls and treatments to green space reduces the transmission of dangerous and deadly pests and diseases.
Service of Essential Businesses: providing these services to essential businesses including healthcare operators, grocery stores, banks, educational institutions, residential facilities, professional services buildings and open spaces aids in safety to the public.
If you have additional questions regarding LandCare’s COVID19 protocols, please feel free to contact your LandCare branch directly or reach out to our main line at 877.526-3227. For a listing of our branches, click here.
March 13, 2020
I would like to share with you the procedures we have employed at LandCare to ensure the wellbeing of our team members and the communities we serve.
Our company has safety at the center of our core values and culture. This comes to life daily in measures we take to protect the health of our employees and those around them. We have implemented additional procedures to ensure that each team member, customer and guest at the properties we serve can expect our work areas to be safe. Effective as of early this week:
- All office and shop common areas and workspaces are cleaned and disinfected daily
- All vehicle interiors are cleaned and disinfected daily
- All crews have been provided the material and instruction to wash hands thoroughly and frequently throughout the day
- All team members have been trained on greeting procedures, social distancing and hygiene techniques to reduce the risk of spread or exposure to contagion
- All team members have been instructed to stay home if sick or symptomatic or if someone in their household is sick or symptomatic, for 14 days or until they can prove that they pose no risk to others with whom they come in contact. They may work from home if they are able and their responsibilities are so suited, or their sick leave will be covered by the company
- We have suspended all air travel, and all team members who recently traveled by air must self-quarantine for 14 days before returning to work
- We have trained on the risk of surface contact in public areas such as fueling stations, restaurants and markets and the hygiene measures recommended after such contact
- We have instructed team members not to enter the indoor workspace of our clients (e.g. your offices, etc.) without client permission
I’m sharing our policies so you can feel confident in our efforts to reduce risk to our communities. Your trust in LandCare to serve your properties safely and effectively during this time is appreciated and we are grateful for your confidence. We will continue to employ robust measures to make sure you, your clients and guests, and our team members are protected, and your service is uninterrupted.
Please don’t hesitate to let your service team, or me, know if there is anything we can do to address your concerns or answer any questions.